Material to be submitted
To enable the SAISC to give proper publicity to the nominations, the following is required:
- 1. The fully completed entry form
Note: It is critical that project information and names of the team members are submitted accurately (also details such as (Pty) Ltd, JV, etc.) – What is submitted will be used in the publicity regarding Awards projects. Errors lead to embarrassment for everyone involved with the project submitted and for the SAISC. Please assist us by double-checking all details.
- 2. Pictures of the project:
A minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10
High-resolution digital photographs (jpg format, at least 300 dpi (a file less than 500k is usually too small) can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Upload photos when entering your project online
- Email photos to email@example.com with name of project as subject. Please do not exceed 5mb per email. Send separate emails if necessary.
- On a CD or DVD hand delivered to First Floor, Block C, 43 Empire Road, Parktown West (GPS coordinates: S 26o 10.989' E 28o 1,387') – attention Reneé Pretorius.
- On a CD or DVD posted to PO Box 291724, Melville 2109 – attention Reneé Pretorius.
- Please do not send printed photos.
For the Photo Competition – Save one of the photos of your entry as - your project name–pc (photo competition) e.g. SowetoStadium-pc
(Click here for more info on the photo competition).
- 3. A description of the project and a motivation for entering the project
The text must be at least 500 words , but preferably should not exceed 1600 words.
Please send the motivation in MS Word format. Please do not send it in PDF or other formats.
Your motivation should at least include the following:
- Short description of the project
- Reason why steel (hot rolled/ lightweight/ tubular/ cellular) was chosen
- What is special/ unusual/ innovative/ aesthetic about the steelwork in this project?
- Green building rating/ environmental or sustainability considerations
- Special considerations such as the design process, fabrication, transport and erection
- Description of the opportunities and challenges of an export project (if applicable).
- Challenges and solutions
- Satisfaction/ testimony of the client
Click here for more information on how to submit your entry.